Hello, my name is Kelvin, not Rachel. I conveniently named my blog "Rachel" because it's a sexy name. Enjoy your stay here!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Exercise BLACKHOLE (deliberate misspelling, don't correct me!)

I was appointed the ex CPS for the exercise. Being THE oblivious one, I screwed up the exercise horrendously but managed to do it in such a way that it turned out to be a job well done.

During initial deployment I followed the linkup party to do the close range authentication. That was when I met Captain Joel who screwed me because I was supposed to be with the main party.

I later on guided the platoon train into the vehicle park. It was my first VCOM experience and it was quite fun.

While proning to check my shellscrape height requirements, I found myself swarmed with ants. It was then I found out that I probably killed more ants in one hour digging my shellscrape over an ant's nest than the combined amount I killed in the last 5 years.

During the exercise I made an impromptu verbal duty roster where sentries are deployed according to administrative bed order. It was fine for the first three pairs, but not so afterwards. When I found out that the third pair actually did sentry duty for six hour straight because no one took over their spots, I laughed so hard but also felt a little guilty.

No comments: