Hello, my name is Kelvin, not Rachel. I conveniently named my blog "Rachel" because it's a sexy name. Enjoy your stay here!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mistakes

I'm now stuck in camp idling my Sunday away doing guard duty. It allows me to ponder about my priorities, decisions and sense of responsibility.

I feel that responsibility is not something that can be taught to a person. Genuine responsibility comes when a person learns to take pride in the things he do.

I need to learn to be proud of myself; to look more at the positive side of things. Like LTC Psalm Lew once said, a person who is fully self-aware is one who is able to identify his flaws and overcome them with his strengths.

I need to learn to be less critical of myself. Instead of feeling sorry for myself every time I encounter a flaw, I will now make a conscious attempt to fix them.

If I die today, the news headline would begin with "Man dies"; no longer "Teen dies". I'm all grown up now. I should act like one.